Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Inner Hippie!


One of the benefits of being a SU demonstrator is you get to see the catalog and buy some stuff before the release date... what fun right! So I was browsing blogs and came across a new technique! So...I finally got off the couch and made a card to try it out! This is called the Versamark resist technique! It is so easy to do too!
Stamp your solid images on the glossy cardstock with Versamark ink. The images will be clear, but you'll be able to see where you stamped them. Glossy cardstock is slippery, so hold the paper firmly as you lift the stamp, and do your best to avoid slippage. Let the ink set for a few moments -- no worries about it drying out. Use a brayer to apply ink and brayer over numerous times until the lines disappear! Way cool huh!

I stamped the corners again with SU chocolate chip and the word stamp with same color... I heat set it so they wouldn't smear on the glossy paper... just blow over it with your heat gun a couple of seconds to heat set!

Cardstock: SU Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Glossy
Ink: Melon Mambo Classic, Chocolate Chip
Stamp Sets: Razzle Dazzle, word stamp from a new hostess set called Wings of Friendship
Buttons: Button Latte SU, pink one by Basic Gray

I wasn't so sure about the Melon Mambo... I thought it might be just way too bright for me but using it this way... I like it! I think the card brings out my inner hippie!

No comments:

Post a Comment