Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Transforming Leaves!

This past weekend, I was invited to the annual Fun Stampers Journey special Thanksgiving Dinner, at Richard & Gabby's. WOW... it was incredible. Such a gorgeous set up,  really yummy food, and a wonderful time visiting with old and new friends! So much fun! I had the opportunity to assist with the decorations by die-cutting some leaves so I thought I'd share the transformation from paper to glittered leaves!
To cut all the leaves first I used  a Tim Holtz die, his leaves are more pointy then the regular sizzix one. The cardstock colors I used are Summer Days, Sweet Potato Pie, Orange Slice,  Harvest Delight, and Pomegranate Splash, all part of Fun Stampers Journey color palette. Glorious fall colors!
So first here is a pic of just plain leaves! They are pretty just like this but... see what else we can do to them!

Next I  stamped them all with our FSJ Script background stamp using Cocoa Powder Ink.
And you can see in the above pic that I also distressed the sides with Vintage Olive, this gave them some depth! Lastly I wanted to kick it up a notch with some glitter and goosebumps!
 I laid them all out in a box lid, sprayed them with Goosebumps... an awesome spray adhesive! And then sprinkled on some Oatmeal Journey Dust!
 So pretty cool...right... they look awesome on the name tags that Richard designed to put at our place settings.
We were asked to create a post card with our personal definition of gratitude to share with everyone that night. I loved hearing everyone's definition and so enjoyed seeing what everyone created. I was only able to take a photo of mine before the event. So here's my postcard!

This is the back side... addressed and everything! 
I used cupcake cardstock, Cocoa Powder, Pomegranate and Harvest Delight fusion inks for my leaves which were stamped with FSJ Happy Harvest set. What a delightful evening spent with creative friends. When can we do this again?!
Here is  beautiful picture of the whole set up ... I borrowed from Richards facebook page!

Thanks to Richard Garay for the inspiration and direction for the leaves!


No comments:

Post a Comment