Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Flowers & Bees

I created this card for my downline meeting and to enter a challenge showcaseing our wonderful back ground stamps! The flowers and bees are from Summer Garden and the back ground one is pretty popular ... "Script"! I am so lucky because everyone who entered the challenge received the cool die from Spellbinders that's not available for order! Whoo hoo!
To color in the flowers using our ink pads, I used a dauber for the larger ones and a q-tip for the smaller ones. Since I fussy cut them all out, I didn't have to worry about coloring with in the lines! Q-tips are very cost effective for coloring!
For the leaves I used some Tim Holtz distress markers and blended them a little with a water brush.
After  I assembled the whole card... I added our Journey Glaze and some Journey Dust, they always pull a card together! I just love those little bees!
The die I used is Hexagons by Spellbinders, did you know that Fun Stampers Journey is now a preferred partner and we are carrying their dies? They are a lot of fun and add that professional look with the embossing part! Every one of their dies add that extra pizzazz when you run them through with the embossing plate. Sure it's a little extra work ... but I think it's worth it when you see the finished card and notice the extra details!

gThanks for checking my blog out… Now go create something fun
xox Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment