Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2026

My August Trades

A Refreshing Drink… With a Little Extra Kick! 🍹🍸


Every month, I participate in a trade on Facebook in a group called Free Rein. I decided to call it that this year because we get to use whatever products we want! And honestly, I love that idea because every crafter has their own favorite companies, products, stamps, dies, and characters that they just can’t resist.

For me, one of those companies is Aall and Create. I absolutely LOVE their characters and dies. There’s just something about their quirky, fun images that makes me want to sit down and start creating.

So… About That “Refreshing Cold Drink” Theme…

The theme for this month’s trade was supposed to be refreshing cold drinks.

Well…

Somehow I got distracted. πŸ˜‚

My project definitely has a little more to do with alcoholic beverages than refreshing lemonade or iced tea!

But hey, that’s the fun of crafting. Sometimes you start with one idea and your project takes you somewhere completely different.

Meet Dee


The images I used are drawn by an artist named Janet Klein, and I absolutely adore her style.

And here’s something I think is pretty fun: Janet actually lives right here in Arizona!

She has a character she calls Dee, and Dee gets herself into all sorts of situations. Janet creates images of her doing different things and wearing all kinds of outfits.

There is, however, one thing that seems to remain pretty consistent…

Dee is always wearing heels! πŸ‘ 

Which makes me laugh because I personally boycotted heels years ago. πŸ˜‚

So while Dee is out there looking fabulous in her high heels, I’ll happily be over here in my comfortable shoes, thank you very much!

Coloring Fun

For this project, I colored the images using Ohuhu alcohol markers, which are so much fun to work with.

I love how alcohol markers can give these little characters so much personality. You can play with shading, add lots of color, and really make the images your own.

And that’s one of my favorite things about these trades: there aren’t a bunch of rules about what you have to use. You get to choose the products and supplies that make you happy.

That’s where the creativity really starts!

So, yes… my “refreshing cold drinks” project may have wandered slightly off course and ended up somewhere closer to happy hour. πŸΉπŸ˜‚

But I had a LOT of fun making it, and that’s really what crafting is all about.

Want to see the finished trade?

Check out my YouTube video where I share the project and take you through what I created. And if you’re a crafter who loves discovering new images, products, and companies, I hope you’ll take a look!

Happy crafting—and remember, sometimes the best projects happen when you get a little distracted! ❤️

Until next time,
Happy Creating!

YouTube: https://youtube.com/shorts/Wd77soBHiVo?is=Tg6BgKAxHqPOJsek


Products: 

AALL & Create Stamp Set - Pour Decisions [TP-1437]

AALL & Create Cutting Dies - Juicy Cuts [DI-101] 

If you live in the United States, the best place to find them is at joggles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment