Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Technique Class @ Gabby's House!




Yahoooooo we had so much fun! We made bears of course....they are so irresistible! Then we made a Thanksgiving card, learning about distressing and layers! I brought the first one over and then changed it on them... I wanted to have more depth under the leaf! In the above pic is Raquel and her daughter Maria creating their Thanksgiving card.


Here is a picture of our Lovely Hostess Gabby, whipping up some snacks and salad for us in the kitchen! I had to take a picture because like me you will rarely find her in the kitchen!










So here are the two versions of our Thanksgiving card using the beautiful Autumn Splendor set and the Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper ...  which is so yummy!

I like both of them but I prefer the bottom one!
And lastly the big hit was learning to create snow using a versamark pen and inkpad! You ink up where you want snow using the versamark ink, cover area with clear embossing powder, melt it with the heat gun and then when it has cooled down you brayer over the whole picture with your sky color and wala! Your snow appears! I use the versamark pad to cover the bottom, pad directly to paper, then I go over the top lines with the Versamark pen so I can make it bumpy or hilly because snow isn't usually flat! I used the pen to create the snow on the branches too!


Stampset used: Season of Friendship... good for all year around, comes with flower, heart, snowflake and bird!

4 comments:

  1. I love them all, just love, love, love Autumn Splendor..... Great tech. with the versamarker and brayer.... TOO FUN! and Great Job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi rose
    I love your banner. It's soo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the banner AND the "perfect bow"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone... I love reading your comments!

    ReplyDelete