Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Welcoming in 2012

Yippppeeeee I love a new year! I am working on a year long project with a bunch of creative women from around the world... Effy Wild's Book of Days! I am very excited about this because I know I will learn a lot about myself and lots of cool new art journaling techniques! I don't usually post on this blog about my other kinds of art but hey it's a new year ... why not!
So my word for the year, my theme, my guiding light for 2012 is Believe... love it!
I contemplated a few others and I really liked how they turned out so I will share them here ... kind of a letting go of stuff in 2011 and then opening up to 2012... a little synchronicity if you will! I used watercolor resist paint for my words then glimmer mist and sparkling H20's for the backgrounds... then you just scratch off the resist paint and wa la... you have your word in white! Love it!


this is what I used for my words, it works really well... you just have to make sure it's dry before you start painting over it!
Happy New Years all... 
so blessed to have you in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Love the effect of the resist words you made - I'm going to have to try that out! See you in Book of Days :)

    ReplyDelete