Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Autumn Leaves

As I was reading my emails this morning, I came across a blog post showing how to make leaves with copic refills and a die, by Sharon Harnist... so I was thinking ... I can do that with our ink pad re-inkers too! Thanks so much for the inspiration Sharon!
So I got out my re-inkers, and luckily I had all the colors I needed for fall! I didn't have any acetate... which would work so much better, but I had a plastic bag that was flat. I squirted re-inkers on the plastic but then I wanted to dilute them a bit so I could squish the colors together, so I used a Tattered Angels spray.

I played around with some color combos and made a few pieces of inked up paper. I used FSJ Buttermilk, we carry it sometimes. It's a lovely antique cream color just a shade darker than our Buttercream cardstock.
These are the re-inker colors I used, Orange Slice, Lemon Drop, Harvest, Candy Apple, Lemon Grass& Summer Days.  I think I left one of these out of my picture.
My next step was to stamp some leaves out using our Autumn Days set and Coffee Bean Ink. I was going to use Black Licorice but I figured that would be too dark and after playing a bit... I decided the Coffee Bean was perfect! I would recommend heat seating this after you are done... I couldn't find my heat gun so my fingers were a bit inky after cutting out my leaves. My card base is Cocoa Powder CS and the blue is Morning Mist by FSJ. I love them together!

 Here's my finished card... I used it for my One Journey Coaches Challenge. I really like how vibrant the re-inkers turned out for coloring with. 
If you want to play along click on the link above and join in the fun. It's an open Facebook group.  If we aren't friends, you will probably need to request to join in but of course I will say yes! At the end of the month I enter in all the names of everyone that participated at random.org and the winner receives one of our Fun Stampers Journey ATS's, an Artist Trading Stamp of their choice! We have like 145 different ones... so it's pretty fun to see what people choose.
This is the picture I posted to inspire everyone for the challenge! I found it on pinterest. 
 And this lovely card is by my friend Barbara Moore, she is amazing with her coloring skills. I love her take on the challenge! She used FSJ's ATS, #71 Harvest.
g Thanks for checking my blog out… Now go create something fun
xox Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment