Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Love Buds & Candles



I started a Meet-up group and I want to share my love of paper crafting with the members. I want to mix things up and not just make cards, ...ya know since I am mainly a card maker lol. So for Valentines... I am planning a girls night out and we are going to combine love songs, stamping with candles, chocolate and roses... what more could a girl want!
RG has been showing us some awesome tips with our mixed media product so I decided to use some of his tips.  I followed his lead and took our love buds and added a little Journey Gesso to the top of them and mixed in some Pineapple Smoothie Splash... and let them dry. I also added a bit of Gold Silk as they dried to give them a slight glittery appearance.



The next step was to stamp on some tissue paper with Black Licorice and heat gun the image to the candle. I found these yellow candles at Ross, I thought the color might lend a more vintage look with the stamped image! The roses were glued on with our Craft Glue...which I love cause you can move stuff while it's wet and then they become unmovable once it dries!
Close-up on buds... they exceeded my expectations!
I am pretty happy with the results and hope the ladies that come to my meet-up group like the finished candle too! Happy Hearts Day!
You can find all the product I used here: Rose's Site


No comments:

Post a Comment