Pages

Monday, August 28, 2017

Butterfly 3-D Canvas


First I painted my canvas with Journey Gesso, just to prep my canvas, you may decide not to do that, then I added on a layer of Butter Cream paint.

I have old blocks that are pretty large so I utilize them for paint... so this is thin layer of our new Candy Apple acrylic paint ... I needed a surface I could pick up paint with the flower stamp I choose.  I love this set, Flower Swirls... so many ways we can use it! So since I have a thin layer of paint, I just stamp the stamp into the paint and apply to the canvas. I also place a acrylic block under the canvas so I have a hard surface to stamp on.

I did the same with the Lemon Drop paint and then mixed Blue Lagoon & the Lemon Drop to get a the green... we have Limeade Splash, but I didn't own it so I was being resourceful!
SS-0454 Flower Swirls 

I used the Vintage Screen stencil and painted through with my green paint! My canvas needed some green! I used Blue Lagoon Splash & Journey Gold Splash on butter cream cardstock, embossed the butterfly on top with black embossing powder. The butterfly is amazing right... Bold Wings-SS-0420 so lusciously large! Can I just say ... swoon!

I love my finished canvas ... and yep it's time to soar!



No comments:

Post a Comment