Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Retreat with The Fun Stampers!

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year especially when I get to spend it with my Fun Stamper Family. This weekend we had our annual retreat which was so much fun and gave us all lots of wonderful memories to treasure.
We gathered on Friday night to visit, eat and have a white Elephant gift exchange in our PJ's yipppeeee! 
After tamales,  tons of horsderves, pumpkin bread, coconut macaroons and oh so much more we all changed into our jammies for the gift exchange.  Now the rules for the gifts were three... warm & fuzzy, handmade and not over $25... now all of us interpreted that in our own way. We were suppose to make an ornament that could be used as a tag.... so I made an ornament and tag! I used our new snow blossom stamp to make the snowflakes, pretty huh!


I was a little worried about the white elephant gift exchange becuase if past experiences... usually someone goes home very unhappy about someone "stealing" their gift. I can't say it didn't happen this year! But the funniest gift was Andrea's knitted scarf... she hadn't finished it so she wrapped it with her knitting needles still in it... and proceeded to keep knitting the whole weekend lol. She still wasn't finished when everyone had left ... she is probably still knitting as I write this!
 Lynn with her unfinished present. Lynn had chosen first but someone stole her present... can't remember who!
My favorite photo of all!


A very special present from Richard & Gabby... you can't see it but under that beautiful ribbon it says 'It's a Family Thing' ... a very real motto for sure... Thanks Richard... you make everything more meaningful.
Here the cards we made together, all designed by Richard of course =)



I changed my card a little cause I couldn't make the banner very well! That's the beauty of creating together being inspired and taking your own route!

Great project for Valentines Day!
Gabby modeling our new apron... gorgeous isn't she! 
This was a special gift for all of us from Richard & Gabby.
What a wonderful weekend crafting, laughing, visiting, eating yummy food, and using brand new stamps! A huge thanks to the Garay family for hosting a beautiful week-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment